Last Updated: August 9, 2021
Certain individuals also may be provided with additional privacy notices, as described below:
1. Information We Obtain
We collect different information from you depending on how you engage with us:
Information You Directly Provide Us
In general, we collect personally identifiable information when you, at any point, voluntarily submit it to us. For example:
- To create and manage your account on KindRun on the Site, you must provide us with your personal information, including your:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Photograph of Your Driver’s License (or Similar Government Issued ID)
- Photograph of You
- When you contact our customer support team, we may have to access your account information in order to respond to it. We also use this information to track potential problems and trends and customize our support responses to better serve you.
Information We Collect from Third-Parties
We may supplement the information you provide us with information from third-party sources. For example:
- If permitted under applicable law, we may supplement your information with address standardization data to verify the address you have entered is valid and to protect you against identity theft.
Information Automatically Collected Through Your Use of the Services
We may automatically collect non-personally identifiable information about you – such as an IP address, device type, device ID, Internet service provider, general location information, page views, a date/time stamp, browser type, referring/exit URLs, search terms used on our Services, operating system, and similar device and usage information – when you use our Services.
2. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Your browser may allow you to set a “Do Not Track” preference. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals.
3. How We Use Your Information
We only use your personal information where applicable law allows us to as described below:
- To provide you with information or services you request and facilitate your use and our operation of our Services.
- To provide you with information about other information and services we think will be of interest to you. Please see Section 6 regarding your choices and right to opt out of KindRun’s marketing messages.
- To help us understand and analyze trends in connection with usage of the Services and to improve our products and services.
- To meet our other compliance and regulatory duties, for example to retain certain records.
- To solicit feedback and to respond to your questions.
- We may also use anonymous, de-identified, or aggregate information that does not reasonably identify you for any purpose.
- To underwrite applications for credit and validate bank accounts for credit applicants.
We do not disclose your contact information to third-parties for their marketing purposes.
4. Who We Share Your Information With
In general, we only share your information as follows:
- To KindTap: we may share your information with KindTap as needed for KindTap to deliver its payments services to you.
- To Our Service Providers: we may share your information with third-parties and affiliates, who provide services to us or to whom we outsource certain services, such as such as payment, risk detection and mitigation tools, modeling and analytics tools, hosting and cloud computing service providers. Our service providers only access, process or store your information in the course of performing their duties to us. We may also share your information with third-parties to offer you additional services, products or promotional offers.
- Business Transactions: we may share your information in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of certain of our ownership interests, assets, or both, or other corporate change, including without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- To Aid In Investigations: we may share your information with third-parties when we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of illegal activity or violation of our Terms and Conditions.
- Required By Law: we may share your information when we are required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process, or in response to lawful requests by public authorities.
If we would like to use your personal information for any purposes other than those described, or as otherwise permitted under applicable law, we will obtain your prior consent. KindRun does not sell your personal information under California or Nevada law, which defines certain disclosures of personal data for monetary or valuable consideration as “sales.”
5. How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use consistent with industry best practices. We save your information on servers and in facilities that only appropriate KindRun personnel and contractors have access to, which is controlled through multi-factor authentication. We secure the transmission of all personal information and financial information through our Services with 2048-bit SSL encryption in order to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information. However, any information you submit to us by email is not secure, so please do not send sensitive information through email to KindRun. We will never request that you submit sensitive or personal information over email, so please report any such requests to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Your Rights & Choices
You have several choices regarding the use and disclosure of your information:
- Information you provide: if you do not want your personal information collected, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted information and would like to review, correct or remove it from our records, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Marketing messages. We may send you marketing communications about our services that may interest you. You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link in the e-mail or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some non-marketing communications are not subject to general opt-out, such as communications relating to services we are providing you, software updates and other support related information, patches and fixes.
7. Links to Third-Party Sites
8. Children’s Information
Our Services are not designed for children under 21. We do not knowingly so collect personal information from children under 21 without parental consent and if we discover personal data from a child under the age of 21, we will eliminate that data. If you believe that a child under age 21 may have provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us.
9. Users Outside of the United States
The Services and the servers upon which the Services are hosted are located in the United States and are intended only to be used by individuals in the United States. Personally identifiable information you submit using the Services will be transferred to and stored in the United States. By using the Services and submitting personally identifiable information, you authorize this transfer. For the avoidance of doubt, the Services are not designed for, or targeted to, or in any way offering goods or services to users who are in the European Union.
11. How to Contact Us
c/o Scott Moskol, Esq.
Burns & Levinson LLP
125 High Street
Boston, MA 02110